[Tigers] speedo nylon gear

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Wed Nov 30 20:12:09 MST 2016

Jim

                The original Mk I speedometer cable gear is C3OA-17271-A  15
teeth

Mark on the gear is 15R - pictures are an original 15R gear - very worn.

16R is what is available now

The different colors are for different teeth count; makes them easy to ID.

Took me years at work to convince R&D design teams to change the color of
gears when different gear sets were being evaluated.   I hated getting 5
bags of black gears that I then had to count the teeth.

Ron Fraser