[Tigers] Hart Top and weather stripping Q's

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Wed Oct 12 14:39:46 MDT 2016

Mayf

                It’s been a long time since I worked on a hardtop.  I just
got my hardtop together and on the Tiger for SUNI, Big Sky trip.

I don’t remember using soap or any lube to get the weather strip in place –
maybe you should try that next.   Seems to me there were some variables with
the “C” channel that made things difficult too.

I may have opened the curl of the “C” channel some to make it easier to get
the weather strip in place.

I do remember having a problem with the corner pieces.   I think part of the
problem was the metal retainer plates were in bad shape and I also believe
there was a fitment problem and hole alignment problem like you have.  I
made new retainer plates with matching hole alignment for the hardtop; that
got the corner pieces in place correctly.

Hope this helps

Ron Fraser