[Tigers] cross over hose plus other questions...

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Mon Jun 12 14:36:26 MDT 2017

Hi Mayf
It should be black rubber hose, and I'm pretty sure it has clamps.
Humm,  my P side rear fender was hit too, once before I got it and my
boo boo required a whole new fender  ;-)

I think you can get the sender out, may need to un-bolt the tank and
rotate it slightly .   A lot easier with
the tank out though.

To get rid of the smells, get rid all the old rags and stuff   ;-)

Hey, Mayf.   While you are thinking of gas tanks...
I have the worst time forcing gas into my Tigers around here with the
vapor recovery gas pumps.
I am not really sure what the problem is, but I end up with gas running
down the side of my Tiger and
it is eating my paint!

I am thinking that an open vent on the driver side would help.  Then I
could jam the nozzle tight with
the inlet which really makes a mess if I do that now.  Even if I pull
back the recovery part and hold it
like when I fill small portable tank for the lawn mower doesn't work
unless I really barely drip it in,
and then my hand hurts before I get even a couple gallons.

Very occasionally I get a pump that will let me push it in tight and
pump it quickly with no spill..  Is that a
good pump or one that's really broken or mis-adjusted?  I think the
later because it is so rare.

Gary