[Tigers] Tiger/Alpine gas tank filling

snakebit289 snakebit289 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 14 04:13:52 MDT 2017

I remember  MA/ now NC Tiger owner Jim Morrison having to repaint his shiny, black Tiger quarter panel because overflowing gas ate his nice pain job.
Any pre-unleaded gas filler car could be subject to this. My '68 Cougar does the same thing, if I'm not careful about filling up. It has to be done so slowly that the attendants at both of the petrol stations I frequent don't want to take the time it takes to spoon-feed my, and let me do it on my own. At least if it does spill over on this car, it drips on the chrome bumer but not anything painted.