[Tigers] New Steering Wheel and Adapter.

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Sun May 7 09:18:19 MDT 2017

Ya'll remember a few weeks ago I asked and received a lot of info and
commentary on steering wheels, replacements and refurbs.  Well, I finally
found one that I liked and did not cost very much at all.  Ebay of course.
I bought a 14.75 inch diameter laminate wood wheel laminate attached with
adhesive and rivets that uses an aluminum rim and 3 spokes. See photos. It
included an adapter for a Sunbeam and has a long skirt to hide the column
internals if it is adjusted in or out.  Shipping was free and it actually
arrived several days ahead of promised and expected date.  The adapter hub
has a horn button for noise when needed.  If I can, I am going to try and
make it adjustable as OEM. Looks like it has the internal space to do that.
The steering wheel is gorgeous!  Cost was 259 bucks for steering wheel &
adapter and shipping was free.  When I start removing and replacing, I will
try and comment on the  install and if adjustability mods can be made.

drmayf
Worlds Fastest Sunbeam, period.
204.913 mph flying mile
210.779 mph exit (not top)  speed