[Tigers] Wilwood Brakes

Dave Munroe dave at munroe.ca
Wed May 10 13:39:13 MDT 2017

No argument with any of the math and physics related to the braking power,
but there is a world of brake pad compounds available for the Wilwoods that
are useful. I have them on a couple of cars, one being an MGB with no
vacuum booster. The MGB/Wilwood brake kit came with pads that felt like
pieces of oiled hardwood with very little bite without really coming onto
the pedal. Very unsatisfactory. A call to the Wilwood Tech line produced
first one new set, (not much better) and then a set that matches the Tiger
boosted brakes for bight. (The Wilwood kit on the Tiger is outstanding).
Now the little lady of the house has some confidence when she jumps on the
brake pedal.

Dave