[Tigers] Frozen distributor

Stu sabre2tgr at gmail.com
Sun May 21 13:38:46 MDT 2017

Every decade or so I throw a new set of points and condenser into my stock
260, and this is the year.

All went well, new points in, dwell set, etc.  The only problem?  When I
started to set the timing, I found that the distributor is frozen to the
block.  The clamp is plenty loose, so its not that.  I've tried a little
careful tapping here and there, no result.

It's usually a bit oily near the distributror base, so its unlikely rust.
More likely some sort of dissimilar metals corrosion thing.

Any ideas out there?

Stu