[Tigers] "Numbers Matching" engine for Sunbeam Tigers

Tom Parker tkparker1941 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 20:01:49 MDT 2018

On my Tiger, 1967 Mark 2 built @ December 1966 the date code on the engine
is about a month earlier. That'd the one on the block below the left
cylinder head. I can't say if the engine's listed on the build, but the
engine is not (as far as I know, and this applies generally to Ford
engines) serial numbered. I can't absolutely swear it's the original engine
because I bought the car nine years later, but I can guarantee it was in
the car when I bought it.  Ron Frasier's doing a study on Tigers that
includes date codes. Ron: any thoughts?