[Tigers] Hardtop Hoist

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 10:24:25 MST 2018

My dad built one similar to the eBay pictured one.  I wanted to add a
couple comments:

(1)  Remember the physics of looped pulleys - they create leverage so you
can more easily lift the top with just your hands.  Yes, the electronic
lift is very nice.  But don't feel you absolutely need it.   Just a simple
showing of how to add more pulleys for leverage:
http://www.the-office.com/summerlift/pulleybasics.htm

(2)  If you are in earthquake country, make sure the sling and it's hooks
won't collapse or slide too much if it starts swaying around.  I don't have
a good answer for which one does that.  I know my dad did something, but I
have the hardtop resting against the wall now, and not hanging.

Jay