[Tigers] Restated: Mistake in Performing Tiger's Valve ClearanceCheck

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Wed Jan 24 00:58:45 MST 2018

1 cubic inch is 16.4 CC’s. The combustion chamber is at least 49cc’s and likely larger towards 54cc’s (or more, I don’t have my combustion chamber numbers floating off the top of my head). The clay is pliable and would only squeeze into a void area of which there is at least three times its volume in space. And think of it this way, the cylinder pressure is upward of 150 PSI - and that is even before ignition.  My guess it is HIGHLY improbable that the clay being offset would cause a piston skirt to crack. Push a piece of clay under your finger and see that the finger doesn’t bottom out on the surface it is pushed onto with virtually no clay underneath.