[Tigers] 1966 Tiger MK 1A Ignition Key

Joel Martin jmartiniii at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 18:13:50 MST 2018

I bought this car in 1979 so I do not know if the rectangle  Union Made in England on one side and FS 876 Wilmont Breeden on the other side is correct or not.  I had the trunk tumbler match the ignition key.
When starting the car, the key does not always automatically move left when key let go after starting.  I must remember to turn to 'on' position manually.  I am afraid I will forget and burn up starter at some point.  So I was thinking of changing the ignition switch, barrel and get 2 keys - only have 1 now.

I have seen RM870 egg head AND RM866 oval head and  RL839 with Penstar on one side and Rootes on the other.
What in blue blazes is the correct key number and shape for my car?
RegardsJoel Martin