[Tigers] Generator Conversion

Gary Winblad garywinblad at comcast.net
Sun Jun 3 08:33:06 MDT 2018

The beauty of a one-wire alternator is that you don't have to worry
about all that.
One wire (large) from the alternator to the battery (at the solenoid on
a Tiger is a good place),
and you are done.  Ok, the light won't work any more, hence the
recommendation of a voltmeter.
And a fuseable link or fuse in-line perhaps.
It automatically starts (at just a little over idle speed) and regulates.
If you look at most new hot rods or old competition rally cars or
tractors, it is what everybody uses.
I and most use a GM style case.  It hangs on a CAT club bracket easily
with only a small spacer.
Gary