[Tigers] FW: mistaken id

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Oct 1 16:18:54 MDT 2018

From: Dan Case <rollright64 at aol.com>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2018 5:22 PM
To: rfraser at bluefrog.com
Cc: Darrell Mountjoy <dsmtjoy at cox.net>
Subject: mistaken id

Hi Ron,

Something thinking I was rollright at aol.com <mailto:rollright at aol.com>  sent
me an e-mail thread that I am not in because I am rollright64 at aol.com
<mailto:rollright64 at aol.com> .

Yes Ford made race only XHP-260 (about 35 of them) engines and almost
production street/race HP260s (lots of them) but Cobras were the only direct
Ford involvement street car to get them as far as I know. Holman-Moody,
Griffith, Lola, and Everly (spelling ?) all used one or the other versions
in new race cars with rumors of a couple of other sports car makers getting
a few.

If you want to know more I would be glad to send you a copy of my Cobra
engine notes. Yes Bob Mannel is very well aware of XHP-260 and HP260 engines
BUT because they never got into regular production option packages for sale
at any Ford dealer he only barely touched on them in his book. Bob did the
analysis of the only unrestored XHP-260 that we know of for the owner and
myself years ago.

Dan Case