[Tigers] Air Cleaner Question

Gary M. Gere ggere at comcast.net
Wed Oct 17 15:27:46 MDT 2018

I believe the small vacuum fitting on the underside of the oval air cleaner goes to the inlet (cold) side of the hot air choke for the carburetor. It provides “clean“ air that gets pulled through the exhaust manifold automatic choke tube to the hot air choke. If you have an electric choke, you can put a vacuum on this fitting.

Please refer to Sunbeam 260-289 workshop manual, section B, page 6, figure 6 “automatic choke heat chamber” - The vacuum hose from the underside of the oval air cleaner goes to the “air inlet tube” labeled “from clean side of air cleaner“.

-Gary