[Tigers] Short Windshield Wipers from 50s/60s

Jay Laifman jay.laifman at gmail.com
Mon Dec 30 12:51:59 MST 2019

Hi guys,

If you are offended by reading an email about non-Tiger, please stop here
and delete.  I am just reaching out to the broader English car world to
help us find a missing part.

We purchased a 1962 Elva Mk6 sportsracer, and we're in the process of
restoring it.  There were only 28 of these made.  When new, the ones set up
for FIA racing had a windshield wiper.  None of the current cars still have
the wiper.  Our car was set up for FIA racing and in fact did FIA racing.
So we want to get that wiper again.  It is super short - not just the blade
but the arm too.

Attached is a picture of our car in period.  It's about the best picture of
any of the cars showing the wiper.  Anyone have any thoughts?  I've looked
at every MG, Triumph, Morris, Jaguar, etc., that I can find.  And gone to
all the suppliers and looked at their catalogs.  Nothing jumps out as small
enough.  It is possible that they got one of the stock ones, and just cut
it down.  Someone just said that ironically one of the smallest arms he'd
seen was on a big Healey.  Note too that ours was not the only one that was
all black.

Thanks for any thoughts.  And apologies to anyone offended.

Jay