[Tigers] Tiger Floor Dry Ice Blasting Alterative

Jeff Antosiak sunbeam at tir.com
Mon Dec 30 13:53:52 MST 2019

Let me try this again...

Jim.
I bought an NOS Mini Panel Van replacement body about 20 years ago (now ~40
years old) and the PO had had the whole interior, undercarriage and engine
bay Ziebart undercoated right over the factory primer.  I had a friends
teenage kid (my yard Sherpa) go at it with a heat gun and a putty knife to
remove the bulk of it and then had him use a spray bottle filled with
mineral spirits and paper towels to remove any remaining residue. Worked
great. Spend a few hours on your trunk floor and then have a local media
blaster finish the cleanup if you find it needs to be repainted. You should
come in way under $1000, that is unless you need to repaint. Store all the
soaked towels away from the garage. - Jeff

Message: 1