[Tigers] Starter Solenoid

Joe Brown jbbrown1980 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 15:27:19 MST 2019

After a lot of feedback from you guys and the information that Don got from
Nisonger I was able to get everything wired up correctly today.
1. White wire that originally went to the tach is now hooked to terminal #2
on the ignition switch and goes to the ballast resistor.
2. I ran a new wire from the points side of the coil to the signal input on
the tach.
3. I also discovered that I had the Pertronix wired up wrong.  The red wire
has to go to 12V and I had it on the battery side of the coil (which is
only 7 or 8 volts when the engine is running).

So I got that all straightened out, poured some gas into the carb and
cranked it up.  Now I need to fix the squealing belt.  I think it is
slipping on the alternator pulley because that pulley and the belt got
really hot.  I'll let it cool down and mess with it later.

I only have about a thousand more things to do before I can drive this
thing out of the garage.

Thanks for all of the help.

Joe