[Tigers] Tiger engine Tag

Ron Fraser rfraser at bluefrog.com
Mon Feb 10 13:08:39 MST 2020

I recently received an engine tag photo from the E7KL engine group with a
3-K date code = Oct 1963.

The engine tag is that small aluminum tag mounted on the intake manifold.

This was totally unexpected; Bob Mannel's book indicated that Ford started
using the engine tags Jan 1964.

This early tag indicates that the Cleveland Foundry started using these tags
much sooner than Jan 1964.

This also make me wonder if all the Tiger engine groups had an engine tag.

I'm therefore looking for photos of engine tags in the early engine groups
T15KL, E7KL, G13KA and L2KA.

As always, I'm looking for more information for my Original Tiger Engine
Study so all info is welcome.

Thank you for your help

Ron Fraser