[Tigers] Tiger Fulcrum Pins

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Thu Jun 18 10:10:49 MDT 2020

Maybe it is just the angle of the image but it looks like they are void
of the rounded step as they reduce in size. They are manufactured with
the rounded step (and rounded washers) to eliminate the sharp 90 degree
step that can induce breakage.  With the Urethane type bushings having a
steel insert many eliminate that and have the Urethane ride on a pin
that has a thicker area thus reducing the step that was prone to
breakage. Fulcrum pins seem to come and go here. Likely made in short
order batches and why you found none in the USA???

If I may side in there were about 30 of us who got fulcrum pins through
Derick White that were made in South Africa (if not the country then the
region). There was a LOT of speculation regarding them. Given that it
had been at least 15 years now is anyone had issues with them?  Most
were the thicker pin style but I was skeptic about getting proper
rounded washers so I opted for the standard version.