[Tigers] Urban legend

Tom Witt atwittsend at verizon.net
Sun Mar 8 16:28:33 MDT 2020

I'd be curious to know if the successor Alpine (the Baby Barracuda) had
any "Tiger-izing" considerations? While not a sports car it would have
been an interesting concept given that the USA was in the pony car phase
at that time. The later Alpine likely met regulations for importation at
the time as a number of them were sold here. Then again I doubt it would
have been Ford Small block powered. And what would have been the
Chrysler 273/318 at the time is a rather wide small block engine. Mike
Taylor's "The Making OF A Sports Car" states that the Humber Super Snipe
had?? number of prototype's built with the Chrysler V8. Hence my
curiosity regarding the possibility of a later Alpine with a Chrysler V8.

 ?? In a sense we probably need to be grateful that we got three full
years of Tigers. If I recall correctly the imports were given a 2 year
delay in meeting standards that I believe were mandated for '65 or '66
for USA cars.