[Tigers] Mk 1A Seat Rebuild

Jim B jbsyv at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 22:39:05 MDT 2021

I started from scratch since my MKIA was Missing the original seats. Months of Ebay and club member contacts later I made up two matching seats that were in good shape. What I thought I was going to need was the rubber diaphragm kit. The best of the best frames that I ended up using were earlier with the straps. (Still have the diaphragms) Mine being an early IA I think they are actually correct. There are other differences in the frames from early to late as I understand it and can be seen in base construction. The attachments for the straps vs diaphragm are different. That’s what my old brain remembers from a few years ago anyway. Other than that, I think the kits from Rick are pretty much interchangeable and a fairly easy redo.

Jim