[Tigers] Carburetor input

H B Elam harryb at elams.org
Wed Apr 21 15:03:36 MDT 2021

Hi all!
I have had elex fuel pump problems since 1964 & an MGA. In my Tiger I have two pumps piped in parallel. There is no shifting valve as both have check valves. I only shift them electrically. The stock SU idles at 3.5 psi and the aftermarket at 4.2 psi. While I really can not notice any performance change I only use the aftermarket for troubles or autocrossing. The issue is not the carb but the float valve. My research indicated that most float valves are good for 7 psi.

Harry Elam
B382000471