[Tigers] Replacing rear axle bearings

D or G at sbc orr4sale at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 4 11:16:27 MST 2022

 My father said he loosened old Ford axle nuts (1930/1940s era, they had the same design) by loosening the nut a few turns (put the cotter pin back in), then drive the car making several turns, this would pop the hub loose. After a few turns, check to see if the hub is loose so you don't mess up the axle key slot, I never tried this.
David Franchi