[Tigers] Trunk lock grommet redux:

James Armstrong rollright at aol.com
Tue Apr 16 11:06:16 MDT 2024

Hello all,
 Trunk lock grommet redux: My body shop did me a disservice: there are (4)  #10  that fix thee trunk support bracket in place. These are fine. BUT: at the top of the 'lock mechanism assy..' there are two screws (facing the chrome key push-button) that they put in that are alien.              They are supposed to float before tightening and they used Metric screws with a shoulder and the head is labeled 10.9 and            the nut inside had a shoulder as well. One of the two was jammed and had to be cut off. What is the correct fastener for the upper two screw/nuts? I studied the parts  book and they call out the lower four fasteners, but not the upper two (page YV13  OR  page number # 359. . Illustration on YV Plate E OR page # 344 HELP! Jim ArmstrongMk 1A382002083 LRXFECode 86TAC # 0763