[Team Net admin] Server update

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Nov 1 21:04:39 MST 2011

In case you are wondering, you are getting this message because you
are subscribed to one or more of the 5 dozen email lists hosted at
autox.team.net.   I populated this list with the addresses from all the
busier lists so you should get only one copy for each address you have
subscribed, rather than getting one copy from triumphs, one from vtr,
one from 6pack, one from shop-talk and so on.

As I've recently mentioned there are some issues with the current server.
Thanks to the spring fund drive we have a new server.   Check out
http://www.team.net/donate.html if you're feeling generous.  For those
who recently contributed, I really will get around to personal thank
you notes, probably once the mailing lists are fixed.

The new box is up and running and I have been working on it a bit.
It will be cold and wet here in Salt Lake City for a few days so I will
not be out doing yard or garage work, I will be getting the new server
up and on the air.

The mailing lists should be switched over in a day or two, along with
the mailman list management web pages.  It will be nice to have all
that working again.

The list archives will be next on the list to get done, followed by the
forums, and then I'll be reworking the web pages.  A lot of the info
there is SO out of date.

At any rate I expect the down time for the mailing list switch to be
minimal, no idea how long some of the other tasks will take.  Updating
all the web pages from the last 20 years could be a full time job - too
bad the pay and benefits are so lousy!

Stay tuned for further updates.

mjb.

PS:  In case you wonder about the lists:

2000-register
6pack
alpines
amphicar