[Tr-gang] A pleasant evening

Mark J. Bradakis mjb@autox.team.net
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:57:28 -0700

There's a light snow falling outside, but I'm warm and cozy in my office,
a wee taste of a single malt close to hand.  I'm glad it is real snow, not
just fog condensing around the soot and dirt in the air like last month.
January 2004 was the coldest month since I moved to Utah just over 30 years
ago, with over three weeks of nasty inversion* and temps never getting
above freezing.  But good times are on the way, with Pugs' Chili Party coming
up saturday, and the Beach Party at the end of the month.  And the first IVR
race is on the slate for the last weekend in March.  Most likely I'll be
dragging Killer out to that event, we shall see.

The plan is to have Bob Allred and I turn this squaretail Spit he has into
a race car this year, but I can pretty much guarantee it won't be ready for
the first IVR race.  We'll see how long it takes to get the white car on
the track.  Before any work can be done on the car we need to get it to the
shop, which means there needs to be room for it, which means I need to clean
up and organize, which means ... well, I've been busy.  In truth, the shop
looks worse now than it did a few weeks ago, but it is all for the better.
Finally finished plumbing in the air lines along the east side and to the
workbench over there.  Shuffling shelves around, working on storage and
getting rid of some useless cruft.  Perhaps I'll take a camera down there
in the next day or two and get a current image of the place.  You can see how
it compares with some shots of the TR7 taken last fall at

  http://fatchancegarage.com/Misc

Yes, it is still cold and snowy but spring is on the way, with another
summer of sports car days coming up.  Lots of work ahead, but I'm looking
forward to it.

mjb.

* : The geography of the Salt Lake Valley is such that at times a pocket of
    cold, dense air settles into the valley and sticks around. If there is
    snow on the ground we get fog, and all the pollutants that modern life
    spouts into the atmosphere stick around.  It can be 20 degrees with no
    sign of the sun at the valley floor (where I live) but in the mountains
    where one would normally find colder temperatures it is a sunny, 45
    degree afternoon under a clear blue sky.  Depressing.