[Tr-gang] That was odd

Mark J. Bradakis mjb@autox.team.net
Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:40:16 -0700

As I've mentioned before Killer is down at the shop getting fussed
over before the first IVR race at the end of the month.  And you may
remember I've made some comments about cleaning up the shop.

So I'm down there this evening working on stuff, and need to do some
welding on the revised seat bracket design.  I walked the 12 feet or so
over to the welder, rolled it next to bench where I was working, and
started welding.  Nothing odd about that, right?

Months ago, moving the welder would have required handling at least
a dozen items, most more than once, like those little puzzles where there
is only one empty square, and you have to shuffle the numbers one at a time
this way and that to get the desired results.  But today the job didn't
require a half hour to create a spot to work, and then another half hour
getting the tools in the right place.  It was kind of a strange feeling,
maybe I'll get used to it!

mjb.