[Tr-gang] That was nice

Mark J. Bradakis mjb@autox.team.net
Thu, 20 May 2004 01:01:26 -0600

It's always worse than you thought, right?

Tonight I made it down to the shop for a bit to work on the current project,
a late squaretail Spit.  Over the past weekend I dod a quick leakdown check.
First hole was #4 - barely made 20%, a nice breeze out of the intake port.
So the plan was to pull the head and see what was to be seen.  I expected the
worst.  The first surprise was that the head came off without a fight.  Cool.
The second surprise was I found four clean, ridgeless bores and somewhat
shiny 40 over pistons.  This motor was rebuilt recently in terms of wear, who
knows when in terms of time.

I cleaned things up a bit, put on a ported, shaved head and could have this
thing running in a few days.  I could have a running, streetable Spit in the
near future, even if it is a squaretail!

mjb.