[Tr-gang] Re: Tr-gang digest, Vol 1 #42 - 3 msgs

bob bownes bownes@seiri.com
Thu, 30 Sep 2004 14:33:25 -0400

It is incredibly sad to see and to watch. I was living in NI during the
late 70's/early 80's when the unions brought down Triumph. Listening to
Dad talk about negotiations with them was incredible. We were living in
a country with a 35% unemployment rate, Dad was bringing in almost 1k
jobs, and the union was still demanding incredibly silly things like "we
must be paid in cash every Friday before noon". (which, as you might
guess, does great things for Friday afternoon productivity/attendance)

How he managed the place for 4 years (79-82) without either killing
someone or a strike is beyond me.