[Tr-gang] A Chelsea Morning

Mark J. Bradakis mjb@autox.team.net
Sun, 1 May 2005 20:25:22 -0600

No, this isn't about Joni Mitchell's popular song from 30 or so years ago.
And to tell the truth, it didn't happen in the morning at all.  This is
just a note about cats.

We didn't mention it to many, but last month on St. Patrick's Day our
beloved Miss Ellie, after 19 years of wonderful companionship, took her
final trip to the vet.  Though the previous year or so of her struggle
with diabetes made it obvious what eventually had to happen, it was still
a very tough decision.  She was the sweetest and smartest little kitty
I've ever known.  I miss her.

This weekend we had another tough decision.  We decided it was time to
find another feline companion for Twister, so made the rounds at the
big pet adoption this weekend.  By saturday afternoon we had it narrowed
down to a handful, and by about 4 this afternoon we were on our way home
with a year old, maybe a year and a half, black and white female named
Chelsea.

While there's been a fair bit of growling and hissing and theatrics between
her and Twister, mostly on her part oddly enough, there's been no actual
fisticuffs.  She's already getting more comfortable in her new home, and
hopefully in a few days she and Twister will become best buddies.  Karen
and I sure like the little cutie.  And if the camera batteries hadn't just
died, there'd be a link to her picture in this message.  Maybe later.

mjb.