[Tr-gang] Nissan ad, first draft

Mark J Bradakis mark at bradakis.com
Tue Nov 17 19:51:47 MST 2009

Actually if I don't sell this thing soon, I may keep it and sell the CRV.
The CRV has only 1,000 lbs. of towing capacity - Spitfires are light,
but not THAT light!

Anyway, after I get some more photos of various areas of the truck
I plan to run another advert or two.  How does this strike you?

mjb.

The vehicle being offered here to the discerning buyer is a rare
treasure, a 1985 Nissan King Cab model 720 pickup truck.  This
beauty has accumulated 224,774 miles during its pampered life,
hence the asking price, a mere dollar a mile.

Having been built a quarter of a century ago, this fine specimen
uses a fuel delivery system that was unsurpassed for decades, a
carburetor.  You'll be hard pressed to find such a device on current
cars of lesser pedigree.  This one, however, is being tempermental
and not properly regulating the air to fuel ratio.  It runs really
rich, pegging the meters on emissions machines without a moment's
hesitation.  A kit to remedy this situation is included, any decent
mechanic should be able to effect repair with minimal knuckle
damage.

My avocation is old British sports cars, specifically the Triumph
marque.  With their Lucas electricals they are often the butt of many
jokes.  If I only had a dollar for every time I've heard about Lucas
refridgerators ...  This Nissan, in the two short years I've owned it,
has picked up some of the Triumph habits.  The taillights do not
always work.  The column switch does as it should, the headlights [
both high and low beams ] work fine.  But there seems to be a short,
or bad ground or some such in one of the lamp assemblies affixed to
the corners of this truck.

Given that this noble steed of such character exhibits such flaws, I
may be willing to negotiate on the price a bit.  I realize that not
everyone has the means these days to drop nearly a quarter million
dollars on a vehicle such as this exquisite example.  If you feel
that becoming the next proud owner of this exclusive offering suits
your fancy, let's talk.