[TR] TR3 wheel options: stop me before I do something crazy

richard triplett rtriplett25 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 1 12:29:08 MDT 2007

I am going crazy trying to drive on my old out-of-tune
48 spoke wires on TS75434. Floppy and noisy! I am
thinking of trying minilites or something of the like
and found an auction on Ebay that offers adapters that
change bolt pattern from TR3 to something more
universal. For instance, BMW Mini wheels fit the
adapter.

I then looked at tire rack and found these wheels for
$99 ea:

http://www.latoth.org/images/tr3wheel.jpg

Change center logo to Triumph and WALAH! Might just
have a cool wheelset. $240 for the adapters + $396 for
the wheels = cheaper than minilites.

Thoughts? Can I find adapters for cheaper than $240?

Thanks