[TR] 2500 Mile Update

Bob Danielson 75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Thu Aug 9 18:49:32 MDT 2007

Back in the winter lots of you answered my endless questions about
rebuilding the front end, installing solid steering rack mounts and a few
others helped me with my TBI conversion. Well, since February, I've put over
2500 miles on the car from mostly around town driving, a number of short
highway trips and a longish trip to VTR. With regard to the front end
rebuild there was a wide variety of opinions on the use of Nylatron bushings
and solid mounts for the steering rack with regard to squeaks, harshness and
road feedback. I can tell you that I haven't heard a peep out of the
Nylatron and the ride feel is fine. The poly bushings in the rear still
squeak on occasion but the Nylatron is great. The solid steering rack mounts
do provide a firmer feel and more road feedback but nothing exceptional that
would prevent me from recommending them to someone else. It takes a pretty
good bump/pothole for me to even notice them. The TBI conversion has been
better then I had hoped for.  The car starts immediately and settles into a
nice idle with no stumbles, hesitation, backfires, misses etc. Throttle
response is outstanding. It easily pulls past 5000 RPM's in all 4
gears......well I can't say it does in 4th as I've never gone that fast. My
plugs are "spotless" and my mileage, with a 4 speed, is 20 around town and
27 on the highway. Prior to this my car was a pig that needed to run rich
and got 12 city and 18 highway. Yikes!

Oh yea....Dan's wire harness is great too with everything electronic working
just fine with nary a blown fuse or failed component in 3
years........except when I do stupid stuff and let a disconnected hot wire
go to ground while I'm working on something. Disconnect the battery Bob!

Time to start planning this winter's projects and I've got a few good ones
lined up already....as well as a late August one that I want to complete
before the British Invasion at Stowe :-)

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org