[TR] Escaping Prince-of-Darkness Problems

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Thu Aug 16 19:57:14 MDT 2007

I hadn't written much because my welder is waiting for a part.  Today, I
looked at the wiring of my console panel.  Although it had been only about 1-2
months since I  had all the wire endings bright and shiny copper, but I saw
that already the Georgia humidity was starting to take it's toll.  Hopefully,
the areas where the wire was 'screwed-down upon' by the terminal's connector
made an "air-tight seal" and will not corrode.  The unprotected area of wire,
however, had started turning black.
    With all the recent postings regarding questionable "Lucas Connectors",
maybe I ought to redo my console by cleaning all connections again before
mounting it in the dash back in the dash?  I've got a tube of some kind of
anti-oxident goop meant for putting on electrical wiring.  Spreading this goop
on the exisiting terminals is proably sufficient.  As Randall says,"make sure
you have an air tight seal arround your connections".  If I do this, will I
most-likely escape Prince-of-Darkness Problems?

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3