[TR] Speaking of Lucas and lighting...(tinting glass)

ScharfR at aol.com ScharfR at aol.com
Fri Aug 17 11:33:56 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/17/2007 1:27:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,

Date:  Fri, 17 Aug 2007 09:22:25 -0400
From: "v6spitfireguy at cox.net"  <v6spitfireguy at cox.net>
Subject: [TR] Speaking of Lucas and  lighting...(tinting glass)
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Cc:  spitfires at autox.team.net

Does anybody have a good way of tinting  or coloring the inside of a glass
front parking lamp lens to an amber  color?

[snip]

Open to suggestions

Barry  Schwartz
La Mesa, CA

Barry, et al:

I have used transparent paint from a model car supply and hobby shop to
solve a similar problem. I believe Testors makes the paint, which is used to  tint
the clear plastic lenses on model cars. It's available in red, yellow,
orange, etc. I once used it to rejuvenate a very faded tail light lens on a Moto
Guzzi ElDorado. It worked great and was still looking fine when I sold the bike
 after several years.

Bob Sharp
pining for my 64-ish TR4
Michigan