[TR] Lucas - BEER in S-T-E-R-E-O? (Now Mississippi)

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Sat Aug 18 15:11:49 MDT 2007

R. Ashford Little II wrote:
> OK, I suppose it was only a matter of time before "yuse guys" starting
> breaking out the Mississippi jokes.  I'd invite "y'all" to come down and
> visit my home state, but then once you found out how wonderful a state it is
> then you'd want to stay, and ruin everything.  So please don't come down to
> the Coast and enjoy some of the world's best seafood, don't go to Vicksburg
> or Natchez or the Delta for a truly magical experience and please, please
> don't go to Oxford and decide that Money and other magazine were right to
> name it one of the top places in the country to retire, and no matter where
> you go in the state you'd probably be turned off by true Southern
> hospitality.
>
> R. Ashford Little II
> '70 TR6
> 6-Pack Membership Secretary
> Ex-Pat Mississippian currently marooned in Atlanta
Yo Ashford, I lived in Vicksburg back in 1982, commuting daily to Grand
Gulf.   I must say, Top-O-the-River was my favorite catfish joint!!  My
favorite festival - Natchez Crawfish Festival, one entry fee for the
weekend, all you can eat or drink back then.  Then I lived in Baton
Rouge in 1984 commuting to St. Francesville,  Fav's in the Rat area was
Ralph and Kukoos, and "The Kitchen" started by Cajun Chef Don.
Ah yes, Mississippi, the land of Kudzu, huge insects, catfish and mudbugs!

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)