[TR] amp gauge wiring

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sun Aug 19 07:59:16 MDT 2007

On Sunday 19 August 2007 10:00 am, Paul Dorsey wrote:
> Does it matter which of the 2 wires leading to the ammeter gauge goes to a
> particular terminal on the back of the gauge?  I think my solid brown wire
> goes to the terminal that's closest to the left edge of the console (if
> your sitting in the car's seat).
> Thanks,
> Paul Dorsey
> 60 TR3
Paul,

Yes it does matter.

If you hook it up wrong the meter will record a discharge when it is charging
and visa-versa.

But I cant remember which wire goes where and it is too cramp to take a look.

My advice is to hook it up the way you suggest and then turn on the ignition
switch.

If you hook it up correctly the needle will move to the - a bit.

Bob