[TR] how to remove wax from windscreen gasket?

J.C. Hassall jhassall at blacksburg.net
Sun Aug 19 13:24:42 MDT 2007

Listers,

My project is finally to the point where I was able to install the
windscreen gasket from TRF.  It seems to have been impregnated with wax.
  The stuff has left a white, flaky covering all over, both sides.  I've
scraped literally for hours but the stuff still is present.  Anyone have
a solution for removing the stuff?  I haven't called TRF yet (will do so
first thing tomorrow).  In the meantime, I'm open for solutions, as I
hoped to install the windscreen this weekend.

TIA

Jim

--
J.C. Hassall