[TR] heater hookup

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Aug 20 16:29:38 MDT 2007

Thanks Dave and Bob!

The switch I have is one I got from my thrift store, but it works good.
It's a headlight switch and has a terminal for headlights, taillights,
dashlights and panel lights and ground.  It pulls out in two-stages just
like a regular headlight switch and has a 30 amp fuse.

Maybe you've seen one similar.  I could proably hook something more
important to it, but since it was free and looks fine, I'll stay with it.  I
hooked up a connectivity meter to it (which I barely know how to interpret)
and it shows full-connectivity when pulled out fully (between two terminals)
but then, between a different terminal it reads where the meter's numbers
'keep jumpin' making me think it might replace the traditional rheostat.
Until needed though, I'll just run the heater off/on with the first two
terminals since this switch fits fine.  (Proably this em-80's basic switch
could replace half our 50's-60's console!)

I see no reason to upgrade.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3