[TR] Fibreglass floors

tr3driver at ca.rr.com tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Aug 20 22:30:40 MDT 2007

> Also, where does the lower end of the auxiliary oiler connect to the block?

As I recall, mine went to the rearmost blanking bolt along the oil gallery (that bulge that runs along the LH side of the block at about the level of the oil filter head.

> I'm hearing that the aux. oiler may not be such a good idea after all. Any
> thoughts?

I agree, not such a good idea, IMO.  As long as you keep the passage through the rocker shaft open, the valves & rockers will get enough oil but not too much.  The external feed puts way too much oil on top of the head, which results in excessive oil burning unless you also add valve stem seals, which in turn rob the stems of the oil they need for long life.

After a leaking seal caused a broken piston, I retired the oil feed.

Randall