[TR] TR3A Windscreeen stanchions

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Aug 22 04:55:49 MDT 2007

When I removed my windscreen the machine screws were seized in the  nuts.  I
drilled the heads off, however on the passenger side the nuts just  turned
inside the cowl.  I went under the dash and found two very cleanly  cut circles
in the sheet metal right at the fasteners inside the cowl.   These were like
taking the top off a tuna can but leaving a small part still  connected so the
cut circle can flip up.  The clean nature of these cuts  tells me that there is
no way this was done with the cowl on the  car.  The drivers side has no such
cuts, (that I can find) and the  nuts appear to be welded to the sheet metal
as there is no play like with a  caged nut.
This has no real consequence, just a curiosity.  ??

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO