[TR] fan extension, fan belt, steering rack

Jeremy Kinney kinneyjr at msn.com
Thu Aug 30 11:15:25 MDT 2007

I have been reading the messages about the 4A extension with great interest.
  My fan belt started to disintegrate Sunday evening and I noticed the
groove in the fan belt extension during my preparations to replace the belt.
  I slide a piece of paper between the extension and the steering rack and
it was a tight fit.  DOD (Dear Old Dad) suggested that the motor mounts were
bad and needed to be replaced.

What I think I am going to do is go with the TR4 motor mounts to get the
extra clearance without fooling with shims for starters.  They are cheaper
than the 4A mounts as well.

Does anyone have any thoughts on using a grooved fan belt?  Moss says it is
a "superior" replacement.  I have a stock smooth belt from TRF and that type
lasted 90K.

Thanks,
Jeremy
'66 TR4A