[TR] the weekend's trip report

James Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun Dec 2 17:26:43 MST 2007

Whooooieeee.  We Just got home from a weekend on Cape Cod in the GT6.
Some frineds who live in Wellfleet had invited us for the weekend, and
wouldntcha know, the weather reports started getting ominous.  Serious
snow for the high country and west a' wistah (west of Worcester), less
on the Cape and Boston.  We'd been hoping to take the GT6, and since the
snow wasn't supposed to start here until quite late the GT6 is exactly
what we took.  We left Wellfleet about 4:30 this evening, got as far as
the I-495/Rt24 interchange and it started snowing.  That's may halfway
home.  A steady, slightly blowing, fine-crystal snow.  By the time we
hit 128 it was snowing like a big dog.  Idiot drivers everywhere,
tailgating like the road was dry and their speed was 25mph, except that
it was more like 60-70.  Nary a plow or salt truck in sight though,
which was good news.  Bridgestone Potenzas aren't exactly snow tires.
Still, we made it home safely.  Nobody got hurt in our field of view.
The car ran like a champ, comfy and warm inside too.
--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com