[TR] eBay Madness, part duex

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Wed Dec 12 20:03:47 MST 2007

Having seen the eBay madness messages, I got to thinking ... what do I have
that is so rare, so precious, so unique that no one would mind bidding a
fortune for it ... needless to say, I came up empty handed.  Then I recalled
that in the back of the garage, buried with all my other treasures were some
parts that were in the boot of the TR6 when I bought it.

Yes ... there it was, just the kind of thing that would make some salivate for
... a genuine Unipart Oil Filter, still in its rather battered box, but the
real McCoy nevertheless.  It just shouted out to me ... here I am, use me to
make your fortune ... and there it was, carefully hand made by English
artisans slaving over the hot fires of industry in Birmingham and Coventry,
crafted to an exquisite jewel like perfection of folded pleats of
non-bleached, high quality velour of the quality only used by the Queen to
write on, and all assembled in a lightweight, scintillating aluminium capped
splendor.

I'm hoping to raise somewhere between one and two grand for this unique trophy
class item, and I buy anyone on the list a beer when Jonmac makes it to
Detroit using my windfall.  Given how much I expect to make, I thought largess
was needed, so half the money will go to the American Cancer Society (joking
apart, a cause very near to my heart).

If you wish, you can add to the mirth by asking wonderfully strange questions
that might be seen in a Sotheby's auction ... and I'll post all the replies to
the eBay page.  Just is case you're interested, the item number is
190183325605 ...

And, if this bloody thing does attract a single bid, it will only prove that
there are some really strange people out there with much more money than
sense!