[TR] TR4A sale values to contest insurance company ??

David Ljung Madison team.net at daveola.com
Sun Dec 23 17:57:26 MST 2007

I searched around quite a bit for insurance because my car is
also a daily driver (and my only vehicle at the time).  I tried
a bunch of the classic companies and couldn't find anything that
would work, and finally was surprised to discover that I should
just stay with my current insurance company - State Farm.  Turns
out they can insure a vehicle for a declared value (within reason).

So instead of worrying about fighting my insurance company if anything
happens, I know that I'll be able to replace my vehicle.

I learned my lesson after a friend of mine had his heavily modded
motorcycle stolen and was saddened to discover/realize that his
insurance only covered the market value of his motorcycle, and his
$15k worth of mods were gone forever.  Bad planning.

> >> I asked the agent where she got that.... she
> >> said from a TR4A advertised in Astoria.(?)
> >>
> >> She said to send her local ads for this model and they will reconsider.

How much does it cost to take out an ad in your local paper?

Just kidding...  ;-)

Dave