[TR] harmonic balancer?

Bob Rolfes trbobtr at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 25 18:50:41 MST 2007

Paul,

I removed the original fan but kept the dog bolt and fan extension in place.  This allowed the hub and pulley to still bolt up to the crank without having to source a shorter dog bolt or worry about fitting a crank damper.  My electric fan was mounted to the outside front of the radiator "pusher style"'  I also mounted an oil cooler below the electric fan.  Everything is out of sight and clear of steering linkage.  My TR3 ran cool even in Texas summers.  No need for a harmonic balancer or damper on a street driven car.  Just my two-cents worth.

Bob