[TR] TR6 tub removal

Bob Labuz yellowtr at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 31 17:37:53 MST 2007

Hello and Happy New Year to all!

When I removed the tub from the TR4 project, In addition to all the
electrical, steering, fuel, brake, clutch etc, I also removed the carbs.

And on re-fitting the tub to the completed frame, I removed the carbs as I had
installed them to test the engine etc. There just didnt seem to be enough
room with the carbs on.

I believe it took me < 1/2 hour to re-mount the completed tub on the frame.

To my surprise, everything lined right up and I had all the bolts in and tight
in another hour. And all by myself using only a couple of smalll pully -
blocks I got at HF to lower the tub.

Those pully - blocks (block and tackle) really helped alot as I could lower
inches at a time, align and lower etc.  1 on the front and one on the rear.

Bob