[TR] RE National TR Weekend at Malvern Worcester UK.

Rarebits bill at rarebits4classics.co.uk
Sun Jul 22 01:55:55 MDT 2007

> On Behalf Of William Ashley Southgate
>
>   Hi! I was wondering if the weekend missed the bad weather that we have
> just seen on TV.

No, Malvern is bang in the middle of the flooding!
We were supposed to be trading there over the weekend, Malvern is about 1.5
hours drive away from here. We set off at 6:30am yesterday and found all
roads approaching Malvern were closed. We got within 5 miles of the event
along several different routes, but no luck getting through. Around 11:30 we
heard from a friend the event was officially cancelled, so we turned around
to head for home. We got back just after 4:00pm.... the roads were complete
carnage!
We have subsequently heard that the event is back on, some people on the TR
Register forum managed to find a single passable route into Malvern.
While I appreciate putting a brave face on for those who are already there,
I am not impressed that the organisers are still actively encouraging people
to try and attend, given the emergency situation in the area. There were
several occasions yesterday where we nearly became stranded in our van, a TR
would have no chance of getting through safely. Maybe the roads are better
this morning, but having seen the situation yesterday it is an area I would
want to keep away from for several days at least.
Cheers,
Bill.

Rarebits4classics

PO Box 1232