[TR] odd tr4 restoring prob

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Sun Jul 29 18:47:04 MDT 2007

thanks JVV,
The TR4 & 4A valances have slight mods from each other. Based on some pics in
books, the 4A eliminated the PARKING lamp 'brackets' because they sent those
lamps out to the wings.
I see in MossUk and other documenting books that the position of the
DIRECTIONAL lamp brackets was 7pm-R & 5pm-L position (from drivers seat view) on the
TR4, and changed to 12 noon for both directionals on the TR4A.
It's just weird that my parking lamp brackets are quite tidily positioned
near the edge on BOTH valances,  I'd have to get medeivel with heavy pliers to
get the bracket-slots to line up with the grill lamp hole - I might break them
before landing them in the right position. The DIRECTIONAL lamp brackets in
comparison were decently easy to adjust by twisting/turning/pliering but the
PARKING lamp brackets are  koo-koo.
Carl
ps; congrats on your 4A resto progress!

<< Carl, I have just begun a long awaited restoration of my TR4A today...The
original tub has those brackets welded at the 12 o'clock position but the
rebuilt tub with a repro front valence has those brackets welded at the 9 o'clock
position.

the all-new AOL at http://discover.aol.com/memed/aolcom30tour</HTML>