[TR] TR3A Intermittent overdrive

amcewen2 at cogeco.ca amcewen2 at cogeco.ca
Mon Jul 30 12:42:03 MDT 2007

I broke the solenoid bracket putting the engine/gb back in the car, I replaced
it without too much difficulty (would
have been a lot easier if it was above or below the floor not spanning it
#&$), now the overdrive comes on easily when
engaged but if Im running for a while with it and have to disengage due to
traffic etc.. then it likely wont
re-engage until the car sits for a few minutes (fluid cools?), running without
the for a while O/D doesnt seem to
have the same effect.  The fluid level is good and little lever on the other
side of the case seems to line up with that
little hole in the O/D case so Im at a loss as to the cause.

I was going to try adjusting the arm the solenoid acts on it slightly up or
down but as its such a pain to do I was
hoping for something that would increase my odds from 50/50 on weather I
should adjust up or down?   Any votes?

Thanks

Art McEwen